The Old Piping Bag Lens Mould Only - Transfers sold separately
Lens & Lens Transfers. A new concept to create amazing 2D plaques, windows, onlays, carbachons on your cakes and cupcakes.
Lens mould sizes of cavities approx: 48mm & 38mm.
The transfers are designed to fit perfectly in the mould.
Use the lenses with sugar paste or modelling paste and paint or cut an image or initial and add to your makes, or use the Lens & Lens Transfers together with isomalt or gelatin, to create Underwater scenes for your marine themed cakes & fun kids cakes..
How to use the Lens & Lens Transfers:
- Melt some isomalt in a heatproof container and pour into a cavity.
- Place your chosen transfer onto the melted isomalt with the shiny side UP (dull side onto the hot isomalt).
- Once cooled and set, the acetate backing of the transfer can be easily removed by lifting the acetate at an edge. You can either pour more melted isomalt on top of the transfer to encase it if you wish.
- Demould, and gently blow over the front of the isomalt lens with a brulee torch to remove any bubbles or cloudiness.
- Once completely cool, seal both surfaces (the back and the front) using edible spray glaze.
How to use as a regular mould:
- Fill the mould with your chosen paste, pushing it firmly into all cavities and details. Doing this ensures your paste picks up the detail from the mould and avoids there being any gaps in your finished piece
- Once your cavity is filled, all you need to do is smooth the top and gently push the paste away from the edges of the cavity so that you get a clean edge on your finished piece.
- Now just flex the sides of the mould, turn it upside down and your finished piece will pop out.
- They are heat safe up to 200 degrees and are top rack dishwasher safe.
The Old Piping Bag moulds are handmade from premium quality, food grade silicone.
Follow The Old Piping Bag Facebook page www.facebook.com/theoldpipingbag for inspiration and tutorials.