The Old Piping Bag Mechanic Multi Mould
A highly detailed mould containing mechanic/petrol head related pieces!
Nuts, bolts, screws, a spark plug, clamp, bulb, screwdriver bit – lots of mechanic themed pieces for your petrol head cakes and cupcakes
Size: Spark plug approx 45mm long.
The Old Piping Bag moulds are handmade from premium quality, food grade silicone.
- You can use fondant, Royal Icing, modelling paste or any inedible mediums in them, including polymer clay or play dough etc. If using inedible mediums it is not recommended to use them for edible purposes subsequently.
- They are heat safe up to 200 degrees and are top rack dishwasher safe.
- For best results when moulding for sugarcraft, we suggest using modelling or flower paste. Fondant mixed with Tylo also works well
- It is recommended that fatty food contact (e.g., melted chocolate), should not exceed two hours at a temperature of less than 40 degrees.
How to use our moulds:
- Fill the mould with your chosen paste, pushing it firmly into all cavities and details. Doing this ensures your paste picks up the detail from the mould and avoids there being any gaps in your finished piece.
- We haven’t found it necessary to dust or freeze our moulds (with the exception of the large blocks). As long as your paste isn’t too sticky, you shouldn’t need to either. If your paste is sticky, we have found that incorporating a little Trex, or a similar solid vegetable fat into your paste will take care of it.
- Once your cavity is filled, all you need to do is smooth the top and gently push the paste away from the edges of the cavity so that you get a clean edge on your finished piece.
- Now just flex the sides of the mould, turn it upside down and your finished piece will pop out.
- If you’re using one of our ribbons or borders, we suggest turning your mould upside down on a solid surface. Flex one end and gently peel the mould from the paste.
- Follow The Old Piping Bag Facebook page www.facebook.com/theoldpipingbag for inspiration and tutorials.