Ingenious Edibles DIY Edibles Diamond Gel - Clear
Please Note: Syringes and diamond mould trays are sold separately and not included with the diamond gel.
Now you can create diamonds from the comfort of your own home, providing your baked goods with the ultimate touch of glamour and sparkle!
DIY Diamond Gel can be used to form decorations for cakes, cupcakes and biscuits, and works well with sugar paste, modelling paste, royal icing, creams, edible glue, candy melts and chocolate.
1. Using a microwave-safe container, microwave the gel on medium heat in 5 second bursts until the gel is liquid.
2. Using a needle-less syringe (dispenser), suck the liquid gel from the container and squeeze into the mould.
3. Leave the mould for 10 minutes at room temperature to set, then place in the fridge for a further 10 minutes.
4. Rinse the syringe immediately with hot water to remove any excess gel. Any gel leftover can be placed back into the original pot for future use.
5. Once set, use your fingers and pull the top of the diamond towards you to release it. Any finger marks can be removed by brushing with water.
1 x 100ml pot of Diamond Gel makes approximately 2000 5mm or 560 10mm Diamonds
Please Note: If you have any excess gel after use, ensure that it has returned to its gel form and gone cold before putting it back into the pot.
Attaching the Diamonds To Your Cake: Some Handy Tips:
Brush the area that you are attaching the diamonds to with the diamond glue and gently press the diamond against it to stick.
Make sure all of the area that you are attaching the diamond to is covered with the diamond glue, creating a barrier between the diamond and your cake. The diamond can occasionally slip down slightly if it touches the sugarpaste directly.
At high temperatures, the gel can sometimes start to melt. We recommend making your diamonds in advance, but storing them in the fridge until the last minute. Also, it is always advisable to leave the sugarpaste to dry before using the diamonds on the cake to avoid the water being absorbed by the diamond.
We suggest using our edible glue with your finished diamonds when attaching to your cake, as it acts as a form of barrier that stops any moisture from the gel running into your sugarpaste.
When attaching the diamond to your cake with the pointed end down, we would recommend making a small hole in your sugarpaste, filling it with diamond glue and then attaching your diamond.
Be careful not to overfill the hole as your diamond may not stick flush to your cake.
We do not recommend using pins as this may damage the diamonds.
Ingredients: Humectant E422, Gelatine, Acidity Regulator E330, Sweetener E955, Preservative E211.
Allergy Advice: Nut free, egg free, gluten free. Gelatine is pork based.
Please Note: The diamond gel colour may look different in the tub to the final diamond. The clear diamond gel may look slightly yellow in the tub but will come out clear.